Educators, do you have a Twitter account? If not, what are you waiting for? If you think Twitter is only for the Kardashians and Ashton Kutchers of the world, you're wrong. Twitter is a useful tool for everyone to share ideas, links and news.
For eductors, Twitter can be used:
- to reate a Q&A feed for students. This is especially beneficial to keep a running record of tips the night before a big exam.
- as a form of communication between teachers and parents.
- a live Tweet session for extra credit
- upload photos and links that will increase engagement in your content area and boost the self-esteem of your students.
- You'll find additional tips here.
There are in infinite number of hastags and starting with A-Z Dictionary of Educational Twitter Hashtags is a lovely place to find exactly what you're looking for.
As you can see, Twitter goes beyond Beyonce's unborn child @BeyonceJayFetus ("I AM… Baby Fierce"). Twitter is a fantastic opportunity to reach out to students, parents and colleagues.
Please follow me on Twitter @HolisticTechie should you have any questions about this or other posts on TTWIT.
READER RESPONSE: Please list your Twitter handle in the comments section.