Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Really Smart Friend

Have you met my friend, Salman Khan?  I don't mean to brag but Salman is a real life Superman when it comes to assisting everyday people with the things that confuse us. 

Salman is not my personal friend but after watching his Khan Academy videos you will feel like he is a person you cannot live without. Salman Khan has created videos to help people struggling with:
  • All forms of math from Basic Math to Calculus
  • Banking
  • Biology
  • Chemistry
  • Civics
  • Credit Crisis - yes, mortgages are explained
  • SAT prep
  • and so much more
This guy is a BIG THINKER and he makes that problem that left the 15 y/o me crying during Algebra II easy to understand.

Did I mention that all of my really smart friend's videos are free?  Start using them for yourself.  Better yet, add the videos to the Guided Practice portion of your lesson, your teacher website, or just brush up on Chemistry so you can help your child.  There is no need for your child to spend evenings frustrated at the kitchen table.

Visit the Khan Academy or Salman's YouTube channel today. You may also follow my hero of the week  @khanacademy on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sound off!