Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 4 - Response to P. Devoto

Paul stated: Often I have a lesson plan that is awesome. Surprisingly to me, the students don’t seem to respond to the lesson idea in the same way I had anticipated. In these cases, it’s my job to enroll the students so that they see the potential value in the lesson. Once they buy in to the idea they become an active partner in the work and the learning increases tremendously. In this case, as Mr. Zander says “lighting sparks from person to person, scattering light in all directions.”

Paul, I love the feeling of excitement when planning what I believe to be an awesome lesson. I come in extra early or stay late the night before simply to set up my room in the best possible layout. I’m literally bouncing like Tigger when the kids enter the room because I know that once introduced the will be just as enthusiastic as I. Sometimes this excitement is wiped away when the kids discover they have to do something new and untraditional. When the kids do not see the potential value in the lesson I lose a bit of my spark but as you mentioned, I only have to reach one student to create a blaze. This is a very interesting observation, Paul. Thank you for sharing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sound off!